Would you like to create an online presence?
Every business or artistic endeavor needs an online presence. It’s a fact of life. You would like to manage your own WordPress website but where does one begin?
I am here to tell you it does not have to be a daunting task. I realize that most of us are not that tech-savvy nor do we have the ability to hire an expensive developer, but I still want you to be able to succeed and create an online presence that represents you and your business. To that end, I have devised a simple method that gets you up and running in a very short period of time.
Why manage your own website?
You know you need a website but why manage it yourself? I took on the task of creating my own online presence several years ago, quite late in life. Besides the obvious advantage of having a place to interact with customers and showcase my work, what have I gained so far?
- I learned a variety of tech skills – let’s face it, if we don’t learn web skills, we will get left behind, culturally speaking.
- I became a better writer – I found I not only began to communicate better, not only in written word but also in speaking.
- I began to think more clearly – working on my site helped to organize my physical work, my day, my entire thought process.
- I became more confident – learning challenging new platforms and software gave me the confidence to try more and more new things in a variety of fields. I continue to happily, and I might add more easily, add to my portfolio of skills and abilities.
- My creativity soared – the desire to have a beautiful site pushed me creatively beyond what I could have ever imagined.
Why consider WordPress
I’ve tried quite a few blogging and website platforms over the years but I have to say, there is nothing like WordPress. It is easy to manage and extremely versatile, which is no doubt the reason it is the number one content management system on the planet. Why not start with the best? A wordpress.org site is extremely affordable, you might even say it is the best investment you could possibly make.
I offer 3 inexpensive and quick options to get you up and running in no time:
Face to face classes – using the Zoom video conference platform we can connect from wherever you are located and have a one on one class. If you live in the Midcoast Maine area I would be happy to meet with you for a class. Two-hour class tailored to suit your specific needs – $80
Content upload – you send me the content for your site; images, text, and an idea of how you would like your site design to look and I upload it for you. You create the content, I build it. A 5-page site runs approx. $250
Online video classes – coming soon. Sign up for my newsletter to receive notification.
Are you ready to manage your own WordPress website?
Great! I am happy to send you my ‘Getting Started with WordPress’ page. It includes suggestions for choosing a domain name, a host, and the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
See you there!